Until you’ve tried them you won’t realize just what a huge difference garden wagons can make. Now maybe you just have a teeny-tiny garden or just have a few pots planted on the window sill. If that’s the case then skip to the next article because you are not going to be interested in garden wagons, even if they are cheap or expensive.
But if you have a reasonably sized yard then you really ought to look into getting some kind of garden cart. When I grew up we had a huge yard and it was often my job to help my dad with mowing the lawn and to help my mom with planting plants and clearing stuff. In those days I’d never even heard of the modern sorts of carts that you have now, so I had to make do with an old builders wheel-barrow. In those days I didn’t know any better so it didn’t make much difference to me, but these days when I’m given the choice I go for a cart all the time. Now everyone has their own choice and options when it comes to how much they want to spend. I’ve looked around and some of the best prices and the best range on garden wagons is at Amazon.com. Click on the link just below this if you want to see the best prices
What to look for in a garden cart
- If you’re looking for the best garden cart out there, there are a couple of pointers you want to keep in mind:
- Pneumatic tires (in other words air-filled tires) are far better and easier riding than solid plastic wheels
- Folding sides are the most versatile, you can load big items with the sides folded down, or put them up to hold stuff such as bags of compost or lawn topsoil.
- Look for a sturdy deck (mesh is often easiest to clean) that can take a heavy load
- Look for a garden cart with a steerable front wheel – it will turn more easily
The other thing you really want to keep in mind is durability. The prices of garden carts and wagons have really fallen in the past few years, mainly because most of them are made in China. Now I’m not saying that there is anything wrong with cheap carts that are made in China but check out the reviews closely because quality does vary. There are some great ones that are made in the good old US of A that are great as well as a few that will not give you value for money. So there is no simple rule about looking at where it is made
*Please note the link above directs to amazon as I have found they offer great deals on garden wagons.